#Zigbee: Reading Xiaomi Sensors with a Raspberry Pi (no Xiaomi gateway needed!)
Home Automation, Product Reviews, Raspberry Pi | 2 min | 18221
I've been very busy the last weeks. I moved to a new apartment and I was living between moving boxes. Four days ago, I managed to put my desk together and now I have some time (not a lot) to write a new article.
Last month I've received from GearBest two Aqara sensors:
- Aqara Cube - internal motion sensors (gyro + accelerometers)
- Aqara humidity, temperature and air pressure
These sensors use Zigbee and I connected them to a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian OS and a dockerized version of Home Assistant (DIY tutorial). This connection was made without using any Xiaomi gateway (DIY tutorial).
This article is outdated! A new version has been published:
Hardware and Software
The Aqara WSDCGQ11LM sends the following information:
and the Cube reports the following:
The detected actions are:
which can be combined with different actions.
The Aqara WSDCGQ11LM was easy to pair: it worked only pushing the link button twice. However, when I was trying to pair the Aqara Cube, the log reported the following:
"Device with modelID 'undefined' is not supported"
I looked for solutions, and I found the following one helpful (source):
- Press and hold the link button (it will blink rapidly) until it blinks 3x times, release it and wait for the 1x blink
- Press the link button, release it and wait for the 1x times blink
- Repeat Step 2 ca. 20x times.
It is just a paring problem, once connected everything works properly.
- Thanks Betty (GearBest) for your support! New articles are coming soon!
- Thanks Nok for helping out to put my desk and the apartment together! :)
The item links are pointing now to Banggood. The cooperation with Gearbest did not run as I anticipated. :( They are still a good company, but their preference for rapid posting with less detail evaluation is not my working style. The aim of LeMaRiva|Tech is to offer genuine reviews of products for further developments, no copy-and-paste here :)! I only review actual products that I have on my desk to work with. Thus, cooperation with Gearbest is suspended until further notice.