Android Things DP5 is out and of course, new features are available.
The most important features are:
- Runtime Pin Configuration
- OpenGL 2.0 Support (that means hardware acceleration on the RPI!)
This time you need to use the Android Things Console to download the image as follows:
- Go to: Android Things Console and sign in using your Google credentials
- Click on: Create a new Product
- Go to: Factory Image
- Select: Empty Bundle (if you don't have any app) and the Android Things v. OIR1.170720.015
- Click on: Create Build Configuration
- Make a coffee or just wait a couple of minutes
- You get the .zip file which contains the .img file
- Use Win32DiskImage (Windows) or
ddcommand (Linux/Mac) to flash the image on the micro-sd (click here for more info)
Problems were solved with Android Things DP5.1! Check here!
Unfortunately, I am having some problems with this version. The first problem... (continue reading!)